For maximum security and to track changes made with the platform, it's recommended that all users should have their own unique login information. For more information on creating new users, check out Administration: Creating New Users.
Updating Existing Users System Access
1. Select the Administration tab, and then select the Users widget.
2. Using the filters at the top of the screen, locate the user you wish to update, and select Edit.
3. Choose from the following fields:
- Roles: This will define what the user is allowed to access within the system. For more information about access levels, check out Administration: Assigning User Access Levels.
- Location(s): The practice location(s) where the user will have access upon logging in.
- Important Note: For multi-location practices, this field will need to be updated for each user who needs to gain entry once the new location is created. For more information on creating a new practice location, check out Administration: Creating a Separate Practice Location.
- Provider Type: Assign the provider type. Please note that if this section is left unselected, this will disable the user from appearing as a provider on chart notes, vaccines, and the checkout screen.
- Provider Specialty: Assign a provider or practice specialty
4. When all necessary fields are updated, select Update User at the bottom left corner of the screen to save this new user.
Important Note: These changes are effective immediately, and it's recommended for the user to either refresh their screen or re-login to see these changes.
Users can change their password at any time by going to the Hippo icon in the lower-left corner of their screen and selecting User Security. For additional information regarding customizing the user experience, check out the following articles:
- Choose Action: Using Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow
- Patient Dashboard: Using and Customizing Quick Links to Optimize Workflow
- Scheduler: Using and Customizing Quick Links to Optimize Workflow
If you have previously deactivated or deleted a user, and are trying to add a new user with that same email address, please contact support to have that email address reactivated.