Hippo Manager's Scheduler feature provides a convenient and streamlined approach to recording appointment requests. This alternative workflow article provides a Pro Tip to capture multiple patients in a single timeslot. This approach is beneficial, especially for practices that partner with Rescue groups, and clients who have a large number of pets.
Creating the Placeholder
1. From the Choose Action page, select the Add Patient icon from the list.
- Important Note: If you don't see this icon available, you will need to update your user settings. For more information, check out Choose Action: Customizing Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow.
2. In the Patient Information section at the top of the page it's recommended to include:
Name: Since this is only a placeholder, the "patient" name can say anything. It's encouraged to include a naming convention that your entire team will recognize as a high-volume patient appointment or surgery time slot.
Species: This is a required field, but your team can decide what they want to select for this placeholder.
- Pro Tip: You can also create other placeholder species options, and for more information, check out Administration: Modifying Patient Species Options.
Alias ID: (optional) This text field can act as a great reminder for the purpose of this placeholder appointment.
3. In the Owner Information section towards the bottom of the page, type the Rescue Group, or Owner Name into the Last Name and/or First Name text fields, and then select it from the Matching Owners in Your System list below.
4. The Rescue Group or Owner's Information will autofill into the appropriate fields. When finished, select Apply to save. Alternatively, if this is a new Rescue Group or Owner, fill in the text fields with the appropriate information.
Using the Placeholder to Record a High-Volume Appointment
1. Once this placeholder patient is actively displayed in the Patient Reserve, select the Scheduler icon from the list on the Choose Action page. Alternatively, select Scheduler from the Menu along the left side of the screen.
- Important Note: If you don't see this icon available, you will need to update your user settings. For more information, check out Choose Action: Using Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow.
2. Once on the Scheduler page, use the arrows or date picker to locate the desired appointment day, and then, using the Templates along the right side of the page, drag the appropriate appointment to the desired column and timeslot.
- Pro Tip: Once the appointment is scheduled, select it to alter. On this new page, type the patient names or patient quantity in the Description field. This is helpful when identifying what patients or the number of patients to be expected for that appointment timeslot.
Important Note: This alternative workflow is only ideal for capturing multiple patients on a single appointment timeslot. On the day of the appointment, it's important to capture appointment documentation and findings under each individual patient's account.
For more information on the Scheduler feature, check out:
- Scheduler: Customization Part 1 of 5 (Time Slots)
- Scheduler: Customization Part 2 of 5 (Columns)
- Scheduler: Customization Part 3 of 5 (Appointment Types)
- Scheduler: Customization Part 4 of 5 (Appointment Templates)
- Scheduler: Customization 5 of 5 (Scheduling an Appointment)