In Hippo Manager, you can include 1 Reminder interval in the setup of each inventory (Item or Service) code. This article guides you through the steps required to create Rabies Vaccine codes that do not inventory tracking back to the same product.
This method lets you keep your system updated for reminders. However, it does not allow you to link multiple codes to the same product for inventory tracking. If you prefer to track your vaccine inventory, check out Administration: Non-Rabies Vaccination Setup with Inventory Tracking & Administration: Rabies Vaccination Setup with Inventory Tracking.
1. Select Administration from the menu on the left side of the screen, and select the Items and Services icon.
2. Next. select the Create New Item button in the top right corner of the page and fill out the following fields:
- Item Name: Desired item name (Example: Rabies Vaccine (3 years)
- Type: Select Rabies Tag.
- Location: Select the hospital location(s) where this item can be used.
- Category: Optional field that allows you to capture and identify the frequency and use of this item on the reports side. Check out Administration: Creating and Editing Item Categories to assist with creating categories.
- Vaccine: Automatic selection will generate a certificate when the item is used at Checkout.
- Serialized: Automatic selection will allow you to document a Tag # when invoiced through the vaccine or checkout page.
- Cost Price: Practice cost per dosage
- Item Pricing: Client price per dosage
- Taxes: Select the percentage if the item requires tax. If you don't find the appropriate tax rate in the list, it may need to be added to your platform. For more information check out Administration: Creating and Editing Tax Rates.
- Important Note: If your item cost decreases during receiving, the retail price set in Items and Services will remain the same. If your item cost increases during receiving, the retail price set in Items and Services will also increase based on the assigned percent markup.
- Example: If your item cost is originally $12.00 and you assign a 50% markup, the retail price will be $18. If that cost decreases to $10 during the next receiving entry, your retail price will remain $1 .00. However, if your cost increases to $15.00, the retail price will increase to $22.50 (50% markup on the new cost of $15.00).
- Reminder Interval: Desired patient reminder duration
- Also Replaces: Any vaccinations assigned to this section will be replaced by this item code and reminder when invoiced. Example: Here we have created a 3-year rabies vaccine code which will assign a 3 year reminder to the patient's record when it's invoiced. If the patient has an existing Rabies 1-year reminder listed, the system will replace it with the 3 year so you don't have to manually alter/update it.
- Manufacturer: The Manufacturer assigned here will appear on the vaccine certificate. For more information on creating supplier and manufacturer options, check out Management: Creating & Updating the Suppliers List.
- Minimum On-hand Quantity: When your inventory level reaches this number, it will appear on the low inventory report to assist with reordering. (optional)
- Maximum On-hand Quantity: Identifier to help with reordering levels. (optional)
- Rabies Tag Number: This optional section will automatically assign a rabies tag number when invoiced. If you wish to assign a tag number manually, this section can be skipped.
- Species Restriction: This is an optional section that's beneficial if you'd like to restrict this item to be used only on a specific breed, otherwise it can be skipped
4. When finished, select Save Item towards the bottom of the screen to save this new item code.
Important Step: To capture an item's lot number and expiration date for certificate purposes, check out Management: Updating Inventory Lot Numbers & Expiration Dates.
- Hippo Manager also captures this information on a Rabies List. For more information check out Reports: Printing a Rabies Tag List.
- If a rabies tag replacement is needed, we recommend create a new item code. Check out Administration: Creating & Issuing a Replacement Rabies Tag for more information.