Creating a Rabies Vaccine Item Code:
1. Select Administration from the menu on the left side of the screen, and select the Items and Services widget.
2. Select the Create New Item button in the top right corner of the page
3. Fill out the following fields:
Item Name: Desired item name (Example: Rabies Vaccine (3 year)
- Type: Select Rabies Tag.
- Location: Select the hospital location(s) where this item can be used.
- Category: Optional field that allows you to capture and identify the frequency and use of this item on the reporting side. To assist with creating categories, check out Administration: Creating and Editing Item Categories.
- Vaccine: Automatic selection which will generate a certificate when the item is used at Checkout.
Serialized: Automatic selection which will allow you to document a Tag # when invoiced through the vaccine or checkout page.
- Cost Price: Practice cost per dosage
- Item Pricing: Client price per dosage
- Taxes: Select the percentage if the item requires tax
- Reminder Interval: Desired patient reminder duration
- Also Replaces: All other related vaccinations that you need for this item to replace when used. In this example, the 3-year rabies will take the place of previously administered 1-year rabies.
- Manufacturer: Manufacturer for this item that you wish to appear on vaccine certificates. For more information on how to create supplier and manufacturer options, check out Management: Creating & Updating the Suppliers List.
- Minimum On-hand Quantity: When your inventory level reaches this number, it will appear on the low inventory report to assist with reordering.
- Maximum On-hand Quantity: identifier to help with reordering levels.
- Rabies Tag Number: This is an optional section that will automatically assign a rabies tag number when invoiced. If you wish to manually assign a tag number, this section can be skipped.
- Species Restriction: This is an optional section that's beneficial if you'd like to restrict this item to be used only on a specific breed, otherwise it can be skipped.
4. When finished, select Save Item, towards the bottom of the screen to save this new item code.
Important Step: To capture an item's lot number and expiration date for certificate purposes, check out Management: Updating Inventory Lot Numbers & Expiration Dates.
Invoicing a Rabies Vaccine & Capturing the Tag Number:
1. Select Checkout from the menu along the left side of the screen. Select the appropriate Chart Note, and Provider from the above dropdowns, and then add the newly created Rabies Vaccine into the Item field.
2. You will then be redirected to the vaccine widget to confirm details, type a rabies tag number into the Serial Number text field as it should display on a certificate. Once all fields are filled, select Save Item.
3. The system will then return you to the Checkout page where you can continue with building the invoice. For assistance with printing a certificate, check out Choose Action: Printing and Emailing Vaccine Certificates.
Hippo Manager also captures this information on a Rabies List, and for more information check out Reports: Printing a Rabies Tag List.
If a rabies tag replacement is needed, It's recommended to create a new item code. For more information, check out Administration: Creating & Issuing a Replacement Rabies Tag.