Adding a new patient is quick and easy in Hippo Manager through the Add Patient widget. This widget can be accessed from a few different places in the software, those being the Choose Action screen via the Add Patient icon, or from the Scheduler and Patient tab via Quick Links.
How to add a patient:
- Access the Add Patient widget from one of the locations described above.
- Enter as much information as possible in the new screen , in particular the owner information, to avoid creating duplicate records. However, Patient Name, Species, and Owner Last Name are the only three required fields if time is an issue. A breakdown of the fields that have unique functionality can be found below.
- OPTIONAL: If adding a patient to an owner that is already in your system, look for their name in the Matching Owners in Your System table towards the bottom of your screen after typing in their last name. Click on their name to highlight the line green, and their information will automatically populate for the fields in which you have previously gathered information. If you select the wrong owner by mistake, click Reset at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Yes or No in the Add another patient after saving? field.
- When satisfied with your selections, click Apply in the bottom left of the screen (the button will say Add Patient to Selected Owner if you followed Step 3). If you selected Yes for Add another patient after saving? a blank version of the Add Patient widget will appear. If you selected No, you will be returned to the screen you were on before you navigated to the Add Patient widget.
Special fields in the Add Patient widget:
Several fields in the widget have additional functionalities, meant to make your life easier. Find them listed out below.
- Breed: Multiple breeds can be selected at once to notify mixed breed animals. Don’t see the breed you need? Check out this article on the Self Service Suite for help adding new ones.
- Color: Multiple colors can be selected as necessary. New colors can be added in the Self Service Suite.
- Markings: Multiple markings can be selected as necessary. New markings can be added in the Self Service Suite.
- Enroll PHR: This will make the patient’s information available in the client-facing Patient Health Record (PHR) Portal. Check out this article for more information.
- Notes: Information entered here will be visible in the PHR for clients. For information you do not want clients to see, use the Alerts widget.
While an email is not required when entering a new client, if you do fill out their email, Hippo Manager requires that all clients have unique email addresses. Check out this article on editing client information if you need to remove someone’s email address to make it available for a different client.
The Matching Owners in Your System field is meant to prevent duplicate clients from accidentally being created in your account, but it is still possible for some to slip through the cracks. If you have duplicate clients and/or patients in your Hippo Manager platform that you need merged into one account, fill out a request to customer support using this form. Please include the full names and ID numbers (found in the patient reserve) for the clients/patients that need merged.