Understanding how to reset a user's password will help administrative users maintain security within their platform and is also a useful tool for when an employee's password is forgotten.
*Important Note: Hippo Manager will not allow a user to change or update your password without first having your email address verified. This can be done under User Config located on the Administration page.
Please notify your administrator if you are not verified. They can send a verification email to any user from the Administration page by selecting the user name and clicking the small mail envelope button.
How to reset a user's password:
- Start at the login page of Hippo Manager.
- The login page will have the "Welcome to Hippo" title. On this page, you will want to click the "Forgot your password?" button.
- The "Forgot your password?" button will display a new page where you can type in your username and send a password reset email.
- Once you receive the password reset email, click on the link listed in the email message.
- The link will take you to a page where you can enter a new password.
- Type in the new password and then confirm that password by re-typing it in the box below.
- Once you have finished entering and confirming your password, click Change Password.
- The password update is immediate, so you will be able to use your new password right away.
Users can change or update their password and security questions at any time by going to the User page and selecting User Security.