There are four different reports to find accounts receivable figures in Hippo: Aging Summary Report, Detailed Aging report, the Generate Statements report, and the Balance Sheet report.
Hippo categorizes outstanding balances based on four categories depending on how long the balance has not been paid.
The four AR categories are as follows: Current, 31-60 Days, 61-90 Days, and 91+ Days.
Accessing the Summary and Detailed Aging Reports
- To access the Aging Summary report, go to Reports, then Summary Reports, then click Aging Summary.
- Select one location or multiple (if applicable), then click Ok to run the report.
- To access the Detailed Aging report, go back to the Reports page, click Detailed Reports, then select the report titled Aging.
- You will once again have an option to select one location or multiple locations. Once you have made your selection, click Ok to run the report.
How to Generate a Client Statement
- Go to Reports, Detailed Reports, then select Generate Statements.
- Enter a Start Date and/or End Date if you wish to generate a specific set of statements, or you can leave these fields blank, click Ok, and generate all practice statements.
The Generate Statements report will pull any Open invoice for a client, even if the balance of the invoice is $0.00. If you find a statement with a balance of $0.00, go to the client account and make sure the invoice is Completed. Completing the invoice will remove the statement from the report.
Using the Balance Sheet to pull AR totals
- To access the Balance Sheet report, go to Reports, Detailed Reports, then select Balance Sheet.
- The Start Date and End Date fields are mandatory to generate this report. Enter the dates you wish to run the report, select one or multiple locations, then click Ok.
- The Accounts Receivable Summary will appear as the first entry on the Balance Sheet report.
The AR Summary values on the Balance Sheet will be based on the date you generate the report, and not subject to the provided date range you would have entered to run the report.