In Hippo Manager, the steps to create an invoice or estimate are almost identical.
How to create estimates:
- From the Choose Action screen, select Checkout.
- To get started, enter the item or procedure name/code in the Find/Scan Item field.
- To create an estimate, click on the Estimate checkbox. Then, click on Create Estimate to save it.
- From here, click on the Print/Email Estimate button to print out or send a copy directly to the client.
How to customize your Estimate Statement:
- From the Management screen, select Store Config.
- In the Estimate Statement field, enter the information you wish to show up on all estimates.
*** The Estimate Statement text will appear at the bottom of the printed estimate and will also be included if the estimate is emailed to the client.
- The estimate will appear under Open Invoices and the Estimate button will be filled in.
- To convert the estimate back to an invoice, just uncheck the box next to Estimate.
- Currently, Hippo does not have the ability to add price ranges for estimates. A few things you could do here instead are:
- Add comments about the estimate to the comments section of the invoice
- Update your estimate statement (under Management > Store Config) with a generic statement (i.e. invoice prices could be X much higher or lower depending on what items/services the customer accepts)
- Create a line item that leaves a note for that estimate range.