The checklist below outlines the recommended steps to take when using the Patient Health Record Portal feature to share patient information with your clients.
Activating the PHR Portal
To activate the PHR, follow the instructions under Patient Portal: Activating the PHR.
Using the PHR Portal:
You control if clients can utilize your practice’s PHR Portal. The steps below will walk through this process, as well as explain how clients can begin to take advantage of the service.
1. To grant a client access to their pet's information, you must first check the patient's account. First, select the Patient option from the main menu on the left side of the screen, and then open the Patient Info quicklink or widget using the edit pencil in the upper right corner.
2. From the Enroll PHR drop-down menu, select Yes. Then select Ok to save changes.
2. For assistance with this, check out Patient Dashboard: Modifying Client & Patient Information.
Sharing PHR Portal Information with Clients:
1. Select the Reports tab, then select Client Forms. Select the widget labeled PHR Information Sheet to access the customized flyer for your practice, which contains the URL for the patient portal and first-time-use instructions for your clients. Feel free to download and email it to them, or print it out for distribution.
2. When visiting the PHR URL, clients will be prompted to enter their Email Address and Password.
3. First-time users will need to click Create New Account. They will then be prompted to enter the same unique email address they gave to your practice,. Without a unique email, clients may not be able to create an account.
4. An email will be sent to the client from, email@example.com. They'll need to open the email and click the link inside. We recommend checking the spam folder if the email has not come through their inbox.
5. Clients will then create and confirm a password for the portal. After this, they can return to the login screen and enter their newly-setup information to access the portal.
PHR Break Down
The portal includes a variety of information your clients will be able to access without having to submit a request to the hospital.
1. Overview: A list of active patients and patient info. Anything in the Notes field on the patient record will be visible here to clients. Information that you do not wish to be visible should be saved under Alerts, or the patient should not be set for access in the PHR Portal.
2. Client Information: The client’s contact information as it is displayed on the hospital platform.
3. Open Invoices: Invoices with open balances. These can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
4. Documents: Any documents in the Documents widget. They can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
5. Lab/Test Results: Any lab or test results in the Labs/Tests widget. These can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
6. Vaccination Records: All vaccine certificates are in the Vaccines widget. These can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
7. Chart Notes: Any SIGNED chart notes from the Charts widget. These can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed. Unsigned charts will not be accessible.
8. Upcoming Appointments: Upcoming appointments on the Scheduler. View-only access.
9. Contact Your Veterinarian: Your practice’s contact information as it's displayed in your platform. For more information about updating your practice information, check out Index: Customizing Practice Settings.
10. Transaction History: All of the client’s receipts from the completed Invoices, which are stored in the Invoices tab on the hospital platform side. These can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
11. Settings: Change email address and/or password.
Pro Tip: When in options 4-10, clients can toggle between their pets with the drop-down menu that will be found in the top right corner of the screen, when applicable.
Any duplicate clients/duplicate emails could present problems for your clients when they attempt to log in to the portal. Select Management from the main menu on the left side of the screen, and then select the Client Duplicate List icon. The bottom of this report will display all duplicate email addresses currently in your system.
- Duplicate email accounts do not prevent your ability to enable and use the PHR portal. However, the clients who own duplicate email accounts will not be able to access the portal until the duplicate email is removed. Please contact our support team for assistance with merging duplicates in this list. You can also check out this article on Patient Dashboard: Modifying Client & Patient Information.