Documentation such as historical procedures, or results from reference or non-integrated in-house machines, can be uploaded and attached to the patient's record through several places in the system including the Labs/Tests widget, the Documents widget, and the Medical Imaging widget.
Uploading files to the Labs/Tests widget:
1. Click the Choose Action screen, and then select the Labs/Tests widget.
2. Click the (+) in the upper right corner of the widget to create a new attachment folder.
3. In the Lab/Test Title field, type a name for the folder. In the Description box, type any additional descriptors into the optional text field below. Then click Ok when finished.
- Pro Tip: To assist with organization and locating files for later reference, it's recommended to name the folder according to what's attached. The description box is also a great place to add, for example, the vet or reference lab where the record is being sent from for an added reference point.
4. Once back on the main Labs/Tests screen, you can attach the file or files in one of two ways:
Click Add Files to upload from your device library
Alternatively, you can drag the files from your device directly into the shaded Drag to Upload box.
5. When the file has been attached, your screen should look similar to the image below:
Viewing The Attached File
- Double click the attachment in the Documents section which will open a new tab.
- Alternatively, you can also click the download arrow in the lower right corner of that section to download a copy onto your device.
Depending on the file type, one of the following four methods will be used for viewing files that have been uploaded to Hippo Manager:
- Open in a new tab: .pdf
- Inline DICOM view: DICOM files (.dcm and .dicom). For more information about the Dicom viewer, check out Choose Action: Uploading Records to the Medical Imaging Folder.
- Online gallery viewer: .png, .jpg, .gif, and .mp4
- Download for viewing outside of Hippo: All other supported file types.
File types supported for uploading include:
- Images: .png, .jpg, .tiff, .dicom, .dcm, .gif
- Documents: .pdf, .txt, .doc, .docx, .rtf, .odt
- Audio/Video: .mp3, .mp4, .wma, .wmv, .avi, .wav
Not a fan of printing paper out? You can also download/save it to your computer, then email it to your clients as an electronic copy. Documents are also accessible to your clients through Hippo Manager's Patient Health Record Portal (PHR). For more information about the PHR, check out Patient Portal: Activating the PHR.
Hippo Manager also has integrations with Antech, Zoetis, and Idexx reference labs and internal equipment, and for more information about these integrations, check out the following articles: