Patients can easily be moved from one client to another or have additional owners added in Hippo Manager.
How to add an additional owner to a patient record:
- Click Client Information from the Choose Action screen, or click Owner Information in the Quick Links bar.
- Click on the plus sign to add an additional client record.
- If the owner already exists in your system, look for the record in the Matching Owners in Your System section once you populate the owner’s first and/or last name.
- Select the matching record and then select Add Owner to Current Patient.
Note: If simply adding an existing, secondary owner, this is the last step.
- To add a new owner that does not already exist in your system, fill in as much about the new owner as possible. Click Ok.
Note: If simply adding a new, secondary owner, this is the last step.
- Click on the client record who is taking ownership of the patient and click the star button to make that client the primary owner. A pop-up window will display a warning about making the owner the primary. Click Ok.
How to remove a former owner from a patient record:
- From the Client Information widget, click on the former owner record that you wish to remove from the patient, then click the Trash Can icon.
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm this change. The new owner’s information will now display next to the patient name in the Patient Reserve.
Keep in mind that invoices either in the Open Invoices widget or the Transaction History widget are tied to the CLIENT - if you need help transferring invoice histories across records, please contact support.