Breaking Down the Checkout Screen in Hippo Manager:
- Register Mode: This drop down allows you to switch between processing a sale and a return.
- Patient: This dropdown lets you add the charges to a specific patient. Multiple patients can be selected to add items for each selected patient.
- Chart Note: To associate an invoice with a specific chart note, select it here.
- Seen By: If your practice compensates providers based on production, you can select the veterinarian for each charge on the invoice. Be sure to select the veterinarian before adding the item.
- Find/Scan Item: Type in the name of the item you would like to add, then select it from the list, or if your practice has set up barcodes in Items and Services, you can scan them.
- Available Credit: Shows any available account credit amounts associated with the client.
- Saved Invoices: If the selected client has multiple open invoices or saved estimates, you can easily access those by clicking on this button.
- Cancel Sale: To cancel a saved invoice, click this button.
- Print/Email Invoice: Available after an invoice has been saved. Allows you to send a copy of the invoice to the client.
- Invoice Client/Update Invoice: Saves the invoice as an open invoice.
- Sale Taxable: Toggles whether or not sales taxes will be added to the invoice.
- Estimate: Toggles whether the register is displaying an invoice or an estimate.
- Payment Type: Select the client’s method of payment from this drop down menu.
- Amount Tendered: Input the amount of money the client is paying you with any given payment method in this field. It will automatically display as the amount due, and will only need edited if the client is offering a different amount of money.
- Payment Date: The date the payment is processed. Automatically displays today’s date.
- Does the customer need assistance with payment?: Links to information on using our integration with Scratchpay.
- Add Payment: Add a payment to the invoice with the Payment Type and Amount Tendered that have been selected.
The Comments box allows you to type information/instructions for the client that will appear on their invoice.
If a client is paying with multiple forms of payment, follow steps 13-17 for each type of payment used.