Hippo Manager’s bulk invoice payment functionality allows clients with several open invoices to make a large payment across all of them at once.
How to make a bulk invoice payment:
- Go to the Choose Action screen.
- Click on the Open Invoices widget.
- Click the $ button in the bottom right of the widget to launch the Bulk Invoice Payment window.
- Enter the Date of the payment.
- Enter the Amount of the payment.
- Select a Payment Method.
- Select the Order to apply payment in. You can choose between Newest First or Oldest First. Typically, this choice is only important if the client is not paying off their entire balance at once, so you can choose which invoices will remain unpaid.
- When you are satisfied with your selections, click Accept.
- The Open Invoices widget will refresh to show the new amounts due per each open invoice. Even invoices that now have $0 due will still remain open until you confirm them. To close them out, double click them from the Open Invoices widget, then click Complete Sale.
A client can pay more than their balance due using the bulk invoice payment feature. In such cases, you can convert the overpayment into a credit on their account from the invoice that will show a negative balance. Check out this article if you need help with this process.