Hippo Manager offers integration with Clearent terminals to support and streamline payment capture and end-of-day reconciliation. Before completing the steps below, it's important to have your Clearent terminal(s) synced with your Hippo Manager platform. If the terminals are powered on, connected to WiFi, and have not synced, contact Hippo Manager Support to complete the integration setup. Contact: Customer Support.
Processing a Payment:
1. Once the invoice is created in the Checkout screen, and you're ready to collect an owner's payment, select From the Checkout screen, select Credit Card or Debit Card as the payment type, and then select Add Payment to continue. Alternatively, this can also be found through Bulk Add Payment in the upper right corner of the screen. For more information on how the Bulk Add Payment feature works, check out Invoices: Applying a Payment to a Multi-Pet or Multi Invoice Checkout.
2. From the screen slideout, select either the Credit Card Terminal or Saved Credit Card toggle from the list.
3. Depending on the selection made in step 2, you will have the option to select a terminal or a saved method of payment.
4. Confirm the invoice total in the Amount Tendered field below, and then select Add Payment.
5. Proceed to the selected terminal to insert the card, and follow the instructions on the terminal screen.
Important Note: If the payment has run successfully through the terminal, but does not appear on the invoice within Hippo Manager, our Customer Support team can assist with reconciliation. Contact: Customer Support.
Team members with the Office Manager access level can change the name of Clearent terminals and other settings from the Management screen, within the Payment Platforms widget.
If you need assistance with issuing a refund in Hippo Manager, check out Checkout: Processing Returns & Issuing Refunds to a Credit Card & Checkout: Processing Returns & Issuing Cash Refunds or Credits.