The processes outlined in this article will only work after your Clearent terminal(s) have been synced with a Hippo Manager platform. If the terminals are powered on, connected to WiFi, and not synced, contact Hippo Manager support to complete the integration set up.
How to process a payment with Clearent:
- From the Checkout screen, select Credit Card or Debit Card as the payment type.
- Click the Add Payment button.
- Click the Complete Sale button. In the pop-up that appears, click Ok.
- You will be asked if you want to process the card payment now. Click Ok.
- If the client’s card is on file, select it from the Processing Type drop down menu. If not, leave this field set to Credit Card Terminal.
- If you have multiple credit card terminals, make sure the correct one is selected.
- Click Process Card Now. If the card is declined for any reason, a message will display in Hippo Manager indicating why.
- A timer will appear on the screen; if the payment is processed in time, a window will appear showing the payment was successful. The authorization code for the payment can be found on the completed invoice.
- If the window times out before the payment was processed, but the terminal shows the payment was successful, click Process Card Now again. The payment will be recorded in Hippo Manager but not duplicated in Clearent.
How to process a refund with Clearent:
- From the Checkout screen, use the drop down menu in the top left corner to change the register mode to Return.
- Select Credit Card or Debit Card as the payment type.
- Click the Complete Sale button, and confirm that you would like to proceed.
- When ready, click Process Card Now in the window that appears.
- If the refund goes through, a window will appear saying it was successful.
How to cancel a sale with Clearent:
- If an open sale (partial or full) with Clearent is canceled, the message “Process card payment refund(s) now?” will appear.
- Select Ok, then select the payment to refund and click Process Refund Now.
- If/when there are no more cards to refund, a window will appear to redirect you back to the sale.
- From here, you can either process a different payment or cancel the sale altogether.
Super Users can change the name of Clearent terminals from the Administration tab. Just use the Clearent widget!