Hippo Manager offers integration with Zoetis in-house diagnostic equipment through the VETSCAN FUSE. When using the integration for the first time, Zoetis will need to first set up the link between the platforms. Before following the steps below, it's important to confirm with your Zoetis sales representative that the connection between the two platforms has been established.
Enabling the Integration After it's Been Connected Through Zoetis:
Hippo Manager Update 2.3.12 | Release Date: July 24th 2023
1. Select the Administration option from the main menu on the left side of the screen, and then select the Locations icon.
2. Next, find the appropriate practice location in the list and select Edit.
3. Then scroll to the section labeled Zoetis and select Enable Integration. In the Fuse ID field that follows, type your VETSCAN FUSE Client ID. (a.k.a. “Device ID”) into the related text field.
4. Once the information has been entered into those fields, select Apply Changes in the lower left corner of the screen to save changes.
5. Return to the Choose Action screen where you may see the Zoetis Requisitions widget displayed. If you do not see this widget available, you may need to alter your Choose Action Settings. For additional information on customizing your Choose Action screen, check out Choose Action: Customizing Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow.
- Important Note: Choose Action Settings are user-specific, so it's important that each user follow step 5 to view this widget and use this integration.
Creating a Requisition:
1. From the Choose Action screen, select the Zoetis Requisitions widget.
2. Select the (+) in the upper right corner to create a new requisition.
3. From within this screen, select the diagnostic code from the Order Code drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can select Enter From List if you have a code for the requisition. Then, select the related Veterinarian from the Veterinarian drop-down menu who is ordering the test, and select Ok when finished.
4. From the analyzer, the patient's name should be displayed under Workflow. Select their name, and the request should now be available to run.
- Important Note: If the steps above are not followed in that order, the system will have no way to identify which patient record to link the results to when finished. If this happens, Hippo Manager's Customer Support team has the ability to access these orphaned results upon request. Contact: Customer Support
Starting the requisition in the Zoetis Requisition widget does not currently add the test charge to an invoice, so this action will need to be done separately through the Checkout screen.
Viewing Requisition Results:
1. When the lab work is complete and ready for review, the results will be available in the Labs/Tests widget or quick link from the Choose Action, Patient, or Scheduler screen depending on a user's screen preference.
2. Once you've located the attached files relating to this labwork, double-click the name of the document to download the file, and view the results.
The Zoetis Requisitions icon will display a bubble on it that includes a number that represents the number of unviewed results. To mark a results document as seen, by selecting the document once to highlight in green, followed by selecting the Checkmark icon in the lower right corner of the window.