Hippo Manager offers an integration with Zoetis in-house equipment through the VETSCAN FUSE. When using the integration for the first time, you’ll need to set up the link between the platforms. Zoetis will link your clinic’s VETSCAN FUSE Client ID within Hippo Manager. Contact your Zoetis sales representative to ensure the connection is enabled before following any of the processes below.
How to turn the integration on in Hippo Manager after it has been enabled by Zoetis:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click on the Practice Config widget.
- Scroll down to Location Settings.
- Choose Yes under Enable Zoetis Integration.
- Enter your VETSCAN FUSE Client ID. (a.k.a. “Device ID”)
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Apply.
You will then need to add the Zoetis Requisitions widget to the Choose Action screen. Check out this article if you need help with this process; it will need to be completed for every user who intends to use the integration.
How to use the integration:
It is important to add requisitions in Hippo Manager BEFORE ordering them from Zoetis with your equipment. If this workflow is not followed, results will not appear in the Labs/Tests widget when available.
- From the Choose Action screen, click on the Zoetis Requisitions widget.
- Requisitions will appear in this window. Click the plus sign in the top right to add new ones.
- Here you’ll be able to choose an order code from the drop down list or filter by using keywords.
- You’ll then be prompted to choose the requesting veterinarian from a drop down.
- When all selections have been made, click Ok.
- You can now use your equipment to run the lab/test. (Locate your patient’s lab under Workflow on your analyzer)
- When the lab work is complete, results will automatically be available in the Labs/Tests widget. Click on it from the Choose Action screen to view any results associated with the active patient.
- Double click the name of the document to download and view the results.
If this workflow is not followed and results do not appear in the Labs/Tests widget, you will need to contact our customer support team to recover them.
Starting the requisition in the Zoetis widget does NOT currently add the lab test to an invoice to charge the client - you will still want to be sure to invoice accordingly.
The numbered bubble over the Zoetis widget refers to the number of unreviewed lab documents. You can mark labs as reviewed by selecting the lab and clicking the Checkmark icon at the bottom right of the window to mark as seen.
The data pull between lab machines and Hippo Manager occurs every 2 minutes. That means it could take up to 2 minutes once the lab is completed to upload the results into the patient’s Lab/Test widget in Hippo Manager.
If you did not start the lab requisition in Hippo Manager first, those labs will be in an “orphaned” status and you’ll need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reconcile those results to the patient record.