To start the Google Calendar Two-Way Sync process, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hippo Manager Support has to validate your site with Google and turn on the integration. This step MUST be completed before following the process below.
How to enable the Google Calendar Two-Way Sync:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click on the Google Calendar Integration widget.
- Select the location that you wish to sync with the Google calendar.
- Select Yes under Sync Scheduler with Google Calendar.
- Click Apply.
- A window will appear asking you to either choose a Google account, or sign in with one if you are not already signed in on that computer.
- At the next prompt, select Allow to allow Hippo Manager to access your Google account. This step may take a few seconds to complete. Once the location has been synced with the Google calendar, it will show as Syncing in the Google Calendar Integration widget. Appointments for the synced location and its resources will now appear on the Google calendar.
Use caution. Any changes made in Hippo Manager to scheduler appointments will be automatically updated on the Google calendar and vice versa. It may take a few seconds and/or a refresh before changes are seen on the platform you did not directly edit. The two-way sync includes deletion of appointments. This means that if you delete an appointment on one calendar, it will also be removed from the other.
How to disable the Google Calendar Two-Way Sync:
Follow this process at any point if you want to disable the sync completely, or replace it with a different Google account.
- Navigate to the Google Calendar Integration widget.
- Select the location that you wish to unsync from the Google calendar.
- Select No under Sync Scheduler with Google Calendar.
- Click Apply.
- Once the location has been unsynced from the Google calendar, it will no longer show as Syncing in the Google Calendar Integration widget.
At this point, appointments and resources that were originally visible in Google as a result of the sync will remain visible, but any changes will not sync in Hippo Manager. If desired, these resources’ calendars can be removed from Google by clicking on the “x” next to each of the resources that appear under My Calendars. This will remove them from the list, along with all associated appointments, but will not delete them from your Hippo Manager scheduler.