Hippo Manager's integration with Google Calendar allows you to link your calendar to Hippo Manager's Scheduler feature. To start the setup process for this integration, contact our Support team. Contact: Customer Support. This step must be done first before following the steps below.
Enabling the Google Calendar Two-Way Sync:
1. From the administration screen, select the Google Calendar Sync widget.
2. Select the practice location that you wish to sync with the Google calendar.
3. Within the section below labeled Sync Scheduler with Google Calendar, select Yes, and then select Apply to save changes.
4. A window will appear asking you to either choose a Google account or sign in with one if you are not already signed in on that computer.
5. At the next prompt, select Allow allowing Hippo Manager to access your Google account. This step may take a few seconds to complete. Once the location has been synced with the Google calendar, it will show as Syncing in the Google Calendar Sync widget.
6. Appointments for the synced location and its resources will now appear on the Google Calendar.
- Important Note: Any changes made in Hippo Manager to schedule appointments will automatically update on the Google calendar, and vice versa. You may need to refresh your screen to see changes within the platform that you did not directly edit. The two-way sync includes the deletion of appointments.
Disable the Google Calendar Two-Way Sync:
1. Navigate to the Google Calendar Integration widget.
2. Select the location that you wish to un-sync from the Google calendar.
3. Select No under Sync Scheduler with Google Calendar, and then select Apply.
5. Once the location has been unsynced from the Google calendar, it will no longer show as Syncing in the Google Calendar Integration widget.
- Important Note: At this point, appointments and resources that were originally visible in Google as a result of the sync will remain visible, but any changes will not sync in Hippo Manager. If desired, these resources’ calendars can be removed from Google by clicking on the “x” next to each of the resources that appear under My Calendars. This will remove them from the list, along with all associated appointments, but will not delete them from your Hippo Manager scheduler.