Medication templates in Hippo Manager are a way to help streamline prescribing medications. The templates help populate common dispensing instructions and can even be used to populate important medication information on the prescription label.
How to Create a Medication Template:
- Click on the Management tab, then click on Manage Medication Templates.
- You will see a list of existing medication templates on the left side under the Description box.
- To add a new medication template, begin typing in the Description box on the right side of the screen and then click Add as New Template.
- You can insert tags that will prompt the user to enter in the desired information when used in the Medication widget. All regular text will auto-populate and the user will be prompted to enter the tag information only.
- To edit an existing medication template, highlight the desired template and begin making your edits. Click Save Template when finished.
*Important Note: It is not recommended to associate any Items/Services to a medication template at this time.
How to Use a Medication Template:
- Click on the Medication widget/QuickLink and click on the + to add and prescribe a new medication.
- Locate and select the medication you are prescribing. If you need help setting up your medications, check out this article.
- Under the Note Template drop down, you will see the list of your medication templates. Select the desired template.
- If your template included tags, enter the information as appropriate. The active tag will be colored in an orange text. To move to the next tag, click OK. Once the last tag has been entered, click OK and you’ll return to the Prescribe Medication window and you’ll see your template generated in the Note: box.
- The medication template is fully editable if any changes are needed.
- When you are fully done entering all necessary information in the Prescribe Medication window, click OK.
You can select to add multiple medication templates to the prescription label at one time or add multiple medication templates throughout the prescribing process.
You can even use medication templates to insert important information such as “Topical Use Only” that you may wish to have visible on the prescription label - they don’t have to be used only for dispensation instructions.