The Hippo Manager Patient Health Records (PHR) Portal gives practices the ability to grant their clients access to information stored on their record, such as chart notes, appointments, and lab results.
Important Note: Any duplicate clients/duplicate emails could present problems for your clients when they attempt to log in to the portal. In the Management tab, there is a Client Duplicate List. If you click on it, the bottom of the report will display all duplicate email addresses.
Duplicate email accounts do not prevent your ability to enable and use the PHR portal. However, the clients who own duplicate email accounts will not be able to access the portal until the duplicate email is removed. Please contact support if you need assistance removing a duplicate email address. You can also check out this article on Patient Screen: Altering Client & Patient Information.
Activating the PHR
1. Select the Management tab, and then select the Setup Patient Health Records Portal widget.
2. A popup will display if the PHR has not been activated yet, and this will recommend you contact support by phone, chat, or email. The team will need to know your practice name, and they'll have that turned on for you.
Using the PHR Portal for the first time:
You control what clients/patients can and cannot utilize in your practice’s PHR Portal. The steps below will walk through this process, as well as explain how clients can begin to take advantage of the service.
1. Ensure that the Enroll PHR field is set to Yes in Patient Info for patients you would like your clients to have access to view in the portal. For assistance with this, check out Patient Screen: Altering Client & Patient Information.
2. Select the Reports tab, and then select Client Forms. Select the widget labeled PHR Information Sheet to access the customized flyer for your practice, containing the URL of the patient portal, and first-time-use instructions for your clients. Feel free to download and email it to them, or print it out for distribution if you would like.
3. When visiting the PHR URL, clients will be prompted to enter their Email Address and Password.
4. First-time users will need to click Create New Account. They will then be prompted to enter the same email address they gave to your practice, which is why it is important that all emails are unique, otherwise clients may not be able to create an account.
5. An email will be sent to the client from, firstname.lastname@example.org. They'll need to open the email, and click the link inside. It's encouraged to also check the spam folder if the email has not come through their inbox.
6. They'll then create and confirm a password for the portal. After this, the clients can return to the login screen, and enter their newly made information to access the portal.
There is also a PHR Access Control toggle in the Practice Config page. If you switch this to Off it will disable PHR access for all clients. It can be enabled again by switching the toggle to On at any time. This can only be managed when the PHR has first been activated by Hippo Manager's Support team in the step above.
PHR Breaking Down
The portal includes a variety of information your clients will be able to access without having to submit a request to the hospital.
1. Overview: A list of active patients and patient info. Anything in the Notes field on the patient record will be visible here to clients. Information that should not be visible should be under Alerts, or the patient should not have access to the PHR Portal.
2. Client Information: The client’s contact information as it's displayed on the hospital platform.
3. Open Invoices: Invoices with open balances. They can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
4. Documents: Any documents in the Documents widget. They can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
5. Lab/Test Results: Any lab or test results in the Labs/Tests widget. They can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
6. Vaccination Records: All vaccine certificates are in the Vaccines widget. They can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
7. Chart Notes: Any SIGNED chart notes from the Charts widget. They can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed. Unsigned charts will not be accessible.
8. Upcoming Appointments: Upcoming appointments on the Scheduler. View-only access.
9. Contact Your Veterinarian: Your practice’s contact information as it's displayed in the hospital platform's Practice Config widget.
10. Transaction History: All of the client’s receipts from the completed Invoices which are found in the Invoices tab on the hospital platform side. They can be viewed, downloaded, and/or printed.
11. Settings: Change email address and/or password.
Pro Tip: When in options 4-10, clients can toggle between their pets with the drop-down menu that will be found in the top right corner of the screen when applicable.
Activating the PHR is FREE and it’s a great way to give your clients access to their pet’s information when they need to give vaccine records to boarding, grooming, or daycare facilities...so you don’t have to spend time doing it for them!