Item Kits are a useful way to bundle multiple items/services together into one Kit, so when the Kit is ordered on an invoice, all items/services that are part of that Kit will be generated on the invoice all at once.
How to make Item Kits in Hippo Manager:
- Go to the Management tab.
- Click on the Item Kits widget.
- Click New Item Kit in the top right corner.
- Type a name in the Item Kit Name field.
- (Optional) Add a description in the Item Kit Description field.
- Begin typing the name of an Item/Service you would like to add in the Add Item field.
- Click on the appropriate item/service from the list of matching results that will appear. You can edit/change the quantity as needed to put the needed quantity on the invoice.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 for as many items as you would like.
- Click Submit in the bottom right of the window.
How to use Item Kits:
- Go to the Checkout screen or use the Open Invoices widget to access an open invoice.
- Begin typing the Item Kit Name in the Find/Scan Item field.
- The Item Kit will appear in the list of matching results with the word KIT in front of the name it was given. Click on it.
- All items that you added to the kit will be added to the invoice at once. Individual items/services can still be edited/deleted as needed.
Item Kits can be especially useful when you need to generate an estimate for a procedure that needs to have several items invoiced together - saving you time ordering one kit instead of several items that always need to go together.
You can also use Items Kits to combine vaccines and different duration reminders so you can accurately keep your inventory vaccine count accurate. Check out this article for more information on setting up vaccines in a series.