Hippo Manager allows you to apply tax exempt status at the customer level, item level, or on specific sales.
How to make a customer Tax Exempt:
- In the Client Information widget, select the customer.
- Select No in the Taxable drop down.
Check out this article on editing Client Information if you need additional help.
How to make an item Tax Exempt:
- In the Items and Services widget, find the item.
- Click Edit.
- Enable the Remove Tax 1 and Remove Tax 2 fields.
Check out this article on editing Items and Services if you need additional help.
How to make a sale Tax Exempt:
- Open the invoice from the Open Invoices widget, or start a new one from the Checkout screen.
- Remove the check from the Sale Taxable checkbox on the right side of the screen.
- Click Invoice Client or Update Invoice to apply the changes.
Check out this article on the Checkout Screen if you need additional help.