Hippo Manager’s stand-alone Whiteboard allows you to track checked-in patients easier than ever. The Whiteboard connects directly to your scheduler, charts, medications, problems, and more.
How to access Whiteboard:
There are three ways to access the patient Whiteboard:
- Select the Whiteboard widget from the Choose Action screen.
- View it at the bottom of the Scheduler, Patient tab, or within Chart Notes by adding it as a Widget from the Quick Link settings.
- View it in the Scheduler, Patient tab, or within Chart Notes by clicking the Whiteboard Quick Link.
When you have opened the Whiteboard, you will see a variety of information regarding your in-hospital patients, including the number of open treatments/therapies on their Treatment Sheet and the status of the progress of their hospital stay. Statuses are synced with the Scheduler and can be edited by updating patients’ appointments. Patients are removed from the Whiteboard when their status is changed to Checked Out, which can’t be done until all open Treatments have been marked completed or rejected. Check out this article if you need help with this process.
Breaking down the icons in the patient Whiteboard:
Upon opening the Whiteboard, you will see 9 icons beneath the patients, on the right hand side of the window. From left to right, they operate as follows:
- Treatment Sheet: Opens the selected patient’s Treatment Sheet.
- Chart Notes: Opens the selected patient’s Charts widget.
- Add Problem: Allows you to quickly add a new problem to the patient’s record.
- Vaccines: Opens the selected patient’s Vaccines widget.
- Medications: Opens the selected patient’s Medications widget.
- Maximize Whiteboard: Expands the Whiteboard to be full screen.
- Print: Allows you to print the information on the whiteboard.
- Edit: Allows you to edit the selected patient’s appointment. Easily change their status here.
- Refresh: Manually refresh the Whiteboard. If load times are slow, try this option out.
Unsigned chart notes that were automatically created when a patient was checked in will not be able to be signed until all treatments attached to them on the Whiteboard have been completed. Check out this article on Treatment Sheets if you need more help with this process.
There are a few ways you could choose to keep the Whiteboard visible in the hospital - if you have an extra/second monitor at your workstations, you could always display the Whiteboard on one of them to glance at to see hospitalized patients’ statuses. You could open a second tab in your internet browser and keep that tab open with the Whiteboard, while actively working in Hippo Manager in another tab. You could even display a TV monitor in your treatment area and Chromecast the Whiteboard, if you’re adventurous!