How to upload and view DICOM files:
File types that are compatible with the DICOM File Viewer are .dcm and .dicom.
- Click Medical Imaging from the Choose Action screen, or click Medical Images in the Quick Links bar.
- In the new window, click the plus sign in the top right to add a new Document Group.
- Input the title, date, and an optional description.
- Click Add Files, and select the DICOM file from your device to upload it into Hippo Manager. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the file from your documents into the Drag to Upload field.
- Double-click on a file to open it in the DICOM File Viewer. It will take a few moments to load, and it has various menus and settings that can be adjusted depending on your needs.
If the DICOM file is received in a .zip format, it must be extracted before it can be uploaded to the patient record. There is no data storage limit in Hippo Manager, so do not worry about large file sizes. Upload as many files as you would like.