Hippo Manager offers an integration with Antech reference labs.
How to enable the integration:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click on the Practice Config widget.
- Scroll down to the Location Settings section.
- Choose Yes under Enable Antech Integration.
- Enter your Antech Clinic ID, Antech Account ID, Username, and Password in the corresponding fields.
- Click Apply in the bottom left corner of the screen.
You will then need to add the Antech Requisitions widget to the Choose Action screen. Check out this article if you need help with this process; it will need to be completed for every user who intends to use the integration.
If, during step 5 above, the Antech Clinic ID field glows red, at least one of the credentials you entered is incorrect. In most cases, you may need to verify your username and password with your Antech representative and re-enter the information in order for the information to be accepted.
How to create requisitions in Hippo Manager:
- From the Choose Action screen, click on the Antech Requisitions widget.
- Click the plus sign in the top right corner of the window.
- Here you’ll be able to choose the diagnostic or imaging order code from the drop down list, or filter by using keywords. Alternatively, you can click Enter Custom Code if you have a custom code for the requisition.
- You’ll then be prompted to choose the requesting veterinarian from a drop down.
- When all selections have been made, click Ok.
- You’ll be returned to the Antech Requisitions widget, where your request will have been added. Click it to highlight it green.
- Click the Print icon in the bottom right of the widget in order to print the barcode to send with your sample to the reference lab.
When the lab work is complete, results will be available in the Labs/Tests widget on the Choose Action screen. Click on the widget to view the results of any labs or diagnostics. The status of requisitions can be tracked in the Antech Requisitions widget.
Starting the requisition in the Antech Requisitions widget does NOT currently add the lab test to an invoice to charge the client - you will still want to be sure to invoice accordingly.