Hippo Manager offers integration with Antech reference labs, and the steps below will guide you in the setup process.
Enabling the Integration
Hippo Manager Update 2.3.12 | Release Date: July 24th 2023
1. Select the Administration option from the main menu on the left side of the screen, and then select the Locations icon.
2. Select the appropriate practice location in the list and select Edit.
3. Then scroll to the section labeled Antech and select Enable Integration. In the Antech Username and Password in the fields that follow,
3. Once the information has been entered into those fields, select Apply Changes in the lower left corner of the screen to save changes.
4. Return to the Choose Action screen where you may see the Antech Requisitions widget displayed. If you do not see this widget available, you may need to alter your Choose Action Settings. For additional information on customizing your Choose Action screen, check out Choose Action: Customizing Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow.
- Important Note: Choose Action Settings are user-specific, so it's important that each user follow step 4 to view this widget and use this integration.
Creating a Requisition:
1. From the Choose Action screen, select the Antech Requisitions widget.
2. Select the (+) in the upper right corner to create a new requisition.
3. From within this screen, select the diagnostic code from the Order Code drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can click Enter Custom Code if you have a custom code for the requisition. Then, select the related Veterinarian from the Veterinarian drop-down menu who is ordering the test, and select Ok when finished.
4. Once the test is ordered, you will then be returned to the main Antech Requisitions screen, where your request(s) should be available.
5. Select the request once to highlight in green, and then select the Print icon from the controls in the lower right corner of the screen to print the barcode to accompany the sample to the reference lab for analysis.
- Important Note: If step 5 is not completed, the system will have no way to identify which patient record to link the results to when finished. If this happens, Hippo Manager's Customer Support team has the ability to access these orphaned results upon request. Contact: Customer Support.
Starting the requisition in the Antech Requisition widget does not currently add the test charge to an invoice, so this action will need to be done separately through the Checkout screen.
Viewing Requisition Results:
1. When the lab work is complete and ready for review, the results will be available in the Labs/Tests widget or Quicklink from the Choose Action, Patient, or Scheduler screen depending on a user's screen preference.
2. From the Labs/Tests screen, you will see the lab results ready for review.
- Important Note: If the labwork included several tests, they will not be available for review until all tests are complete. If the results are not ready for review, their status can be tracked through the Antech Requisition widget on the Choose Action screen.