Hippo Manager’s integration with Zipwhip allows you to easily text your clients from your business number from right inside of Hippo Manager. To use Zipwhip with Hippo Manager you will first need to install the Zipwhip Google Chrome Extension. The integration will not work if you are not using the Google Chrome internet browser.
How to install the Zipwhip Google Chrome Extension:
- Visit https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions.
- Type Zipwhip in the search bar in the top left corner.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click the Add to Chrome button on the right side of the screen.
- In the popup window, confirm you would like to add Zipwhip by clicking Add Extension.
- You will now see a gray Zipwhip icon in the top right corner of your browser. Click on it.
- Use your login information from Zipwhip to sign in to the extension. Don’t have an account with Zipwhip, but interested in learning more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to use Zipwhip in Hippo Manager:
- When a client’s cell phone number has been provided as their primary phone number in Hippo Manager, the Zipwhip icon will appear next to their phone number in the Patient Reserve. Simply click on the icon to begin texting the client.
- Type your message in the window that pops up.
- Click Send.
Conversation history will be stored in the Zipwhip popup, but if at any point you would like to save it to the patient record, click the printer icon in the top right of the window. From here, you can save the history and upload the file to the Documents widget for the patient.
For more information on Zipwhip specific functionality, including creating canned responses, templates, and keywords, please visit https://support.zipwhip.com.