Hippo Manager's integration with VCP allows you to see whether a client has a wellness plan, the payment status of that plan, and visual access to their plan consumption to review before providing services.
Enabling the Integration:
1. Select the Administration tab, and then select the Configuration widget.
2. At the top of this screen, find the line that says Enable VCP Integration and select On.
3. Enter your VCP Username and VCP Password in the appropriate fields.
4. Once the information has been entered into those fields, select Apply in the lower left corner of the screen to save changes.
Activating a Pet's Plan Status:
After you’ve completed enrolling a pet in your VCP wellness plan, you’ll need to indicate in Hippo Manager which patients are on your VCP wellness plans.
1. From the Patient Dashboard, select the Patient Info widget or quick link, and then type the VCP Contract Number into the VCP Contract field. Then select Ok to save changes.
For more information on locating the Patient Info, check out Patient Dashboard: Altering Client & Patient Information.
2. Once you’ve done this, the Wellness Plan icon in the Patient Reserve will be activated. When it's selected, the system will display the patient’s VCP Travel Sheet. The VCP Travel Sheet will show what wellness plan services have been used/are still available for the patient.
Important Note: The Wellness Plan icon in the Patient Reserve will display a different color depending on the status of the patient’s wellness plan. It will display in one of four colors, described below:
- Green: Indicates a client in good payment status.
- Yellow: Indicates that a plan is in danger. For example, in the case where a credit card on file is about to expire.
- Red: Indicates that the plan is not in good standing.
- Gray: Indicates that the patient does not have an active wellness plan.
* In the case of the Red icon status, it is recommended you reconcile any lapsed payments and make the plan current prior to providing further wellness plan services.
Hippo Manager has future plans to enhance functionality for this integration, but in the meantime, please take the considerations below into account:
- For provider production to be tracked correctly, the doctor's email for Hippo Manager and the email used for VCP must be the same.
- Auto-consumption of services is tracked with the code in the UPC field for each Item/Service, so do not change these codes for wellness plan items/services.
- At this time, inventory will not be able to subtract wellness plan items (this will primarily affect vaccines and diagnostics like heartworm tests). Hospitals can adjust inventory counts on these handfuls of items as often as they wish to keep counts current.
- Auto-consumption will take place overnight. If a patient has to return the same day for additional care, keep in mind the travel sheet that shows consumed/available wellness plan services for the pet will not be updated yet. These instances are generally rare but could happen, for example, if a pet needed to return for a suspect vaccine reaction.
If you have further questions about your VCP Wellness Plan integration, it's recommended to contact your Hippo Manager/VCP Coach.