Hippo Manager’s integration with VCP allows you to see whether a client has a wellness plan, the payment status of that plan, and even pull up their plan consumption for you to review before providing services.
How to enable the integration:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click on Practice Config.
- At the top of the screen, switch VCP Enabled to On.
- Enter in your VCP Username and VCP Password in the appropriate fields.
- Click Apply right below the Practice Logo box to save.
How to activate plan status for a pet:
After you’ve completed enrolling a pet in your VCP wellness plan, you’ll need to indicate which patients in Hippo are on your VCP wellness plans by entering the VCP Contract Number into the VCP Contract field in the Patient Info box. Check out this article if you need help editing patient info. Just copy/paste the VCP Contract ID from your VCP portal into that pet’s VCP Contract field in Hippo. Once you’ve done this, the Wellness Plan icon in the patient reserve will be activated, and clicking it will pull up the patient’s VCP Travel Sheet. (The VCP Travel Sheet will show what wellness plan services have been used/are still available for the patient) The Wellness Plan icon can be found on the right side of the Allergies icon. Depending on the status of the patient’s wellness plan, the icon will be one of four colors, described below:
- Green: Indicates a client in good payment status.
- Yellow: Indicates that a plan is in danger. For example, in the case where a credit card on file is about to expire.
- Red: Indicates that the plan is not in good standing.
- Gray: Indicates that the patient does not have an active wellness plan.
*In the case of a Red icon status, it is recommended you reconcile any lapsed payments and make the plan current prior to providing further wellness plan services.
Key Considerations & Items to Note:
Further updates to our platform are planned to add more robust functionality to our integration with VCP. Keep a lookout for release notes and company announcements in the future regarding the status of these updates. In the meantime, take the considerations below into account:
- For provider production to be tracked correctly, the doctor's email for Hippo Manager and email for VCP must be the same.
- Auto-consumption of services is tracked with the code in the UPC field for each Item/Service, so do not change these codes for wellness plan items/services.
- At this time, inventory will not be able to subtract wellness plan items (this will primarily affect vaccines and diagnostics like heartworm tests). Hospitals can adjust inventory counts on these handful of items as often as they wish to keep counts current.
- Auto-consumption will take place overnight. If a patient has to return the same day for additional care, keep in mind the travel sheet that shows consumed/available wellness plan services for the pet will not be updated yet. These instances are generally rare, but could happen, for example, if a pet needed to return for a suspect vaccine reaction.
If you have further questions with your VCP Wellness Plan integration, contact your Hippo/VCP Coach.