Hippo Manager offers an integration with IDEXX reference labs and in-house equipment through the VetConnect Plus portal.
How to enable the IDEXX Labs integration:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click on IDEXX Labs Integration.
- Click Yes under Enable.
- Enter your IDEXX VetConnect Plus username and password.
- Click Apply.
You will then need to add the Reconcile Labs/Tests widget to the Choose Action screen. Check out this article if you need help with this process; it will need to be completed for every user who intends to use the integration.
How to create requisitions in Hippo Manager:
- From the Choose Action screen, click on the Labs/Tests widget.
- Click Create IDEXX Requisition. IDEXX’s VetConnect Plus portal will launch.
- Enter as much information about the patient/client from Hippo Manager as possible in the IDEXX portal in order to facilitate reconciling the results when complete. Include the patient and client ID from Hippo Manager (found in the Patient Reserve).
- Use the portal to select the appropriate test(s).
How to reconcile Labs/Tests to the patient record:
- When test results are ready, click on the Reconcile Labs/Tests widget from the Choose Action screen.
- Select the line from the Reconcile Lab Results table that you wish to review. The matching patient/client will appear in the middle of the screen.
- Select the matching patient, then click Apply to pull the results to the patient’s record.
- Once the results have been reconciled, they can be found under the patient’s Labs/Tests widget.
- Double-click on the results to view the PDF in a new tab.
This process can be completed for all ready results without having to navigate to each individual patient record in Hippo Manager. Simply use the Reconcile Labs/Tests widget to reconcile any results that are ready to the associated patient records all at once. If the status of the results say In Process, they cannot be reconciled until they show Complete. Any results, complete or incomplete, can be previewed via the download function before reconciling the results. Just click on the row of the test in question, then click the Download Preview icon in the bottom right corner of the widget.
When reconciling results for patients with two first names (e.g. Mary Sue Johnson) use the first part of the patient's name plus the last name to find the correct record to assign results (e.g. search: Mary Johnson).