Hippo Manager offers integration with IDEXX Reference Labs and in-house equipment through the VetConnect Plus portal, and the steps below will guide you in the setup process.
Enabling the Integration:
ippo Manager Update 2.3.12 | Release Date: July 24th 2023
1. Select the Administration option from the main menu on the left side of the screen, and then select the Organization icon.
2. Next, select Enable Integration and then enter your Idexx Username and Password in the related fields.
3. Once the information has been entered into those fields, select Apply Changes in the lower left corner of the screen to save changes.
5. Return to the Choose Action screen where you may see the Reconcile Labs/Tests widget displayed. If you do not see this widget available, you may need to alter your Choose Action Settings. For additional information on customizing your Choose Action screen, check out Choose Action: Customizing Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow.
- Important Note: Choose Action Settings are user-specific, so it's important that each user follow step 5 to view this widget and use this integration.
Creating a Requisition:
1. From the Choose Action screen, select the Labs/Tests widget.
2. Then, select Create IDEXX Requisition. The Idexx VetConnect Plus portal will launch.
3. Enter as much information about the patient/client from Hippo Manager in the IDEXX portal as possible, in order to facilitate reconciling the results when complete. Include the patient and client ID from Hippo Manager which is displayed in the Patient Reserve next to the patient's name.
- Important Note: If the steps above are not followed in that order, the system will have no way to identify which patient record to link the results to when finished. If this happens, Hippo Manager's Customer Support team has the ability to access these orphaned results upon request. Contact: Customer Support
4. Use the portal to select the appropriate test(s).
Attaching Labs/Tests to the Patient Record:
1. When test results are ready, select the Reconcile Labs/Tests widget from the Choose Action screen.
2. Select the line from the Reconcile Lab Results list that you wish to review. The matching patient/client will appear in the middle of the screen.
3. Select the matching patient, then select Apply to pull the results to the patient’s record.
4. Once the results have been reconciled, they can be found under the patient’s Labs/Tests widget.
5. Double-click on the results to view the PDF in a new tab.
6. This process can be completed for all ready results without having to navigate to each individual patient record in Hippo Manager. Simply use the Reconcile Labs/Tests widget to reconcile any results that are ready to the associated patient records all at once. If the status of the results says In Process, they cannot be reconciled until they show Complete. Any results, complete or incomplete, can be previewed via the download function before reconciling the results. Just click on the row of the test in question, then click the Download Preview icon in the bottom right corner of the widget.
- Important Note: When reconciling results for patients with two first names (e.g. Mary Sue Johnson) use the first part of the patient's name plus the last name to find the correct record to assign results (e.g. search: Mary Johnson).