Hippo Manager allows you to set inventory item and service codes to require that a serial, tag, microchip, or other identification number be added on the Checkout page before the invoice can be processed.
Setting the Serialized function
1. Select Administration from the main menu on the left side of the screen, and then select the Items and Services icon.
2. On this page, use the filters to narrow the inventory search results list. Locate the item or service code you wish to update, and then select the Edit button. (If you are creating an entirely new inventory code, select the Create New Item button in the upper right corner of the page).
3. On the next page, in the Item Behavior section, select the Serialized toggle to enable this feature.
4. Next, select the Save Item button to save changes.
Important Note: If you are creating a Rabies vaccine code, please review Administration: Rabies Vaccination Setup Without Inventory Tracking & Administration: Rabies Vaccination Setup with Inventory Tracking.
How it Works: On the Checkout Page
Any inventory code that has the "Serialized" behavior enabled will appear in red when added to an invoice on the Checkout page. You will need to select the edit pencil to the right of the entry line and type the serial, tag, microchip, etc. number into the Serial Number text field.
4. When finished, select the checkmark to the right of the entry line to save changes. If you try to complete the invoice without following step 3, the system will display a warning message as displayed below.
For more information regarding messages you may encounter in your Hippo Manager platform, check out Tech Tip: Understanding and Troubleshooting Error Messages.