How to email reminders from Hippo:
- Click on the Management tab, then click on the Generate Reminder List widget.
- Select the Start Date and End Date as desired to generate reminders that fall within that date(s). (If you just want to generate one day, the start and end dates will be the same)
- Click Apply
- Navigate back to the Management tab and click on the Review Reminder List widget.
- At the top of the screen, you will see a list of patients that have reminders within the dates chosen from step 2.
- You will see a box that alerts you to any potential Problems with the list. For example, if there are duplicate emails on the list. Note - some of those problems may be valid, if the client has multiple pets due for services.
- If any lines need to be removed, select the line to delete and click the trash can icon. (This removes the email from getting a reminder, NOT remove the reminder itself)
- Customize the message that goes out to the clients by typing in the Subject, Body Header, Body, and Body Footer fields. NOTE: If a field has (Global) in it, the text in that box will appear across all emails. The Body and Subject are specific to the patient.
- You can see a preview of your message on the right side of the screen so you can correct any formatting issues.
- Click Apply when you are satisfied with your work to save it.
- Click Send Email Reminders when you are done - this will send ALL email reminders at once.
Emailing reminders is just one way you can contact clients for upcoming services. You can generate a Reminder list to call clients (Reports → Client Communications → Reminder List) OR generate a Postcard list to print at the hospital and mail (Reports → Client Communications → Reminder Postcards 3 or 4 per page)
Reminders can be added either through the Reminders widget on the Choose Action screen and clicking on the + button OR reminders can be associated with items/services to automatically populate in the Reminder widget when that item/service is invoiced.