Scheduler Templates are a powerful feature within Hippo Manager that helps you save time when scheduling appointments for patients. Important note: Be cautious when editing event templates across multiple locations. Adjusting a template shared by multiple locations will affect users at those locations as well.
How to create Scheduler Templates:
- Go to the Management tab.
- Click Scheduler Events.
- Click plus sign in the top right side of the screen to add a new Scheduler Event Template. If you want to remove an event template, click the trash can button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter the Event Name.
- (Optional): Enter a Description.
- Enter the Duration (in minutes).
- Choose the Resources that can use the template from the Resources drop down. Important note: Resources for all locations will be listed on this menu. If your platform has multiple locations, be sure your changes will not affect other locations as well.
- Choose the Event Type from the Event Type drop down.
- If you would like for a chart note to be created automatically when the patient is checked in for their appointment, select a chart type from the Default Chart Type drop down.
- If you would like for Items/Services to be added automatically to the Treatment Sheet when the patient is checked in for their appointment, begin typing an item/service into the Items field. Click on the appropriate item or service from the list of matching results that appears, then click Add Item. Repeat this process for as many Items/Services as you would like associated with the template. If you would like to remove one, simply click it on the list, then click the trash can icon beneath it.
- When you are satisfied with your selections, click Apply in the bottom left corner of the screen.
How to use Scheduler Templates:
- Go to the Scheduler tab.
- Available templates can be found on the right side of the screen. You may need to click the Push Pin icon in the top right corner in order for them to appear.
- Drag and drop the appointment type you want to use into the appropriate time slot on your scheduler.
- Any edits can be made by clicking on the appointment once it is in the Scheduler, without editing the template at large.
Don’t see the template you need? Make sure to click the correct resource in the Templates field on the right side of the screen. This will display all available templates associated with that resource.
Each Resource will have a “Blocked” template - use these to block off portions of the schedule when you don’t want to schedule appointments. For example, lunch breaks or meetings. You can set blocks to recur each day/week etc. by:
- Drag/drop the Blocked template to the appropriate day/time on the Schedule.
- Click on the black Block to open an edit window.
- Click on the Recur bar towards the bottom of the window.
- Make the desired choices about the recurring block and click OK.
- If needed, you can delete the block from this edit window, too.