This is part 2 of 5 in the article series.
The scheduler is very customizable to suit a practice's unique workflow. In this article, we will be focused on creating the scheduler columns for one or multiple locations.
Customizing Displayed Columns
1. Select the Management tab and then select the Scheduler Resources widget.
2. To replace any existing column, or remove a column by selecting the line to highlight in green, and then either altering the details below or selecting the trash can in the lower right corner of this list to remove it. To add a new column, select the (+) in the upper right corner of the screen, and then add the following:
- Resource Name: Column Title (Example: Exam Room 1)
- Location: Select the practice location from the dropdown list where this column should display. If you have multiple locations, it's recommended to create two resources and assign one to each location.
- User: Attach the user that you want to be assigned to this scheduler column. This will display on the appointment details, and also automatically open and assign a chart note for that provider.
- Important Note: If a user who's assigned to a column is ever removed from the system, that column will disappear as well. If this happens, our support team can recover the column and the existing appointments. When you reach out to the Support team, they will need to know your Hospital's name and the User that was removed.
- Color: This will be the color of the column.
- Description: (optional) This will automatically populate the appointment details assigned to that column in the future.
3. Select Apply in the lower left corner of the screen to save changes to that column.
4. Repeat step 2-3 for as many columns as you need.
To assist with creating scheduler appointment type colors, check out Scheduler: Customization Part 3 of 5 (Appointment Types)