Important Note: For maximum security and to track changes made with the site, all users should have their own login for Hippo Manager. This article walks you through the steps to add or manage existing users; please see the article on User Access Levels for more information.
How to add a new user in Hippo Manager:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Select the User Config widget.
- Click the plus sign in the top right corner.
- Enter their Email Address. Please note: A unique email address is needed for each user.
- Select their Access Levels.
- Select the Location(s) the user will need access to.
- Enter their First Name and Last Name.
- If applicable, select the Provider Type. This will enable the user to appear as a provider on chart notes, vaccines, and the checkout screen.
- Select a Secret Question.
- Provide an Answer. The user can edit this information later.
- Enter a Password and Confirm it. Passwords must be seven characters long, contain at least one capital letter, and contain at least one number or symbol.
- Where applicable, fill in any other relevant information on the screen. E.g. for veterinarians, you can input the License #, EIN/SSN, and/or DEA#.
- When completed, click Apply at the bottom left side of the screen to save and create a new account.
- Upon login, the new user will see prompts for (1) End User License Agreement: After reading the agreement, the user will need to select I agree to all terms to login and (2) Account Verification: For security purposes, the user will need to select Verify. A link will be sent to the user’s email address for verification. The user should verify within eight hours of receipt or the link will expire.
- The user can and should access the User tab and click the User Security widget to update their security question and password.
If a user does not receive their verification email, one can be sent manually from the User Config page by selecting the user account and clicking the envelope button in the bottom right corner. Additionally, users can change their password by going to the User tab and using the User Security widget.
If you have previously deactivated or deleted a user, and are trying to add a new user with that same email address, please contact support to have that email address reactivated.