Hippo Manager gives clinics the ability to set different User Access Levels to provide granular control over what your users are able to see and do within your platform. Only Super Users will have the ability to control other users’ access. If you have multiple locations, you can also choose with locations each user has access to.
How to edit a user’s access levels:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click on the Users Config widget.
- Click on the user you would like to view from the list at the top, so they are highlighted green. Depending on the number of users in your platform, you may have to scroll.
- Scroll down to the Account Details section and click on the Access Level drop down menu.
- All access levels that the user has been granted will have a checkmark next to them. To grant further access levels, simply click the checkbox.
- When satisfied with your selections, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Apply to save them.
- Follow steps 1-6 with the Locations drop down to select which locations (if multiple exist) each user has access to.
Breakdown of access levels:
- Authorized Signatory: Allows the user to sign and unsign charts and prescriptions. This must be enabled in order to sign, even for Super Users.
- Cashier: Allows access to the sales register. Does not enable the user to change prices or process returns and refunds.
- End of Period Reporting: Allows access to the following financial reports: Detailed Sales, Detailed Payments, and Deposit Slip.
- Financial Reporting: Allows access to all financial reports, see below for more information.
*** Please Note: If a user is given Financial Reporting access they will also need End of Period Reporting access. Without both levels of access, users will not have full financial reporting access.
- Forms and Certificates: Allows access to all forms and certificates.
- Inventory Reporting: Allows access to all inventory reports, see below for more information.
- Office Manager: Allows the user to access the Management tab and all the functions included there.
- Patient Records: This is the general access level users will need. Allows access to all patient records and medical history.
- Scheduling: Allows access to the Scheduler.
- Super User: Allows access to all functions in Hippo Manager. This is the only level that grants access to the Administration tab. Users at this level will still need Authorized Signatory in order to sign and unsign charts and prescriptions.
- Transactions Manager: Allows the user to change prices on open invoices, process returns and refunds, and open previously closed invoices.
Financial Reports include:
- Core Performance Trackers
- All Graphical Reports
- Summary and Detailed Sales Reports
- Provider Production Summary & by Category
- Aging Report
- Aging Summary Report
- Detailed Payments Report
- Statements and Statement Mailing Labels
- Balance Sheet
- Tax Breakdown
- Deposit Slip
- Appointment Compliance
- Client Stats Breakdown
- Treatment Statistics
- Patient Breakdown
Inventory Reports include:
- Low Inventory Report
- Inventory Summary
- Controlled Substance Log
- Item Kit List
- Category List
- Item List
- Items History
- Summary and Detailed Categories Report
- Summary and Detailed Customers Report
- Summary and Detailed Items Report
- Graphical Categories, Customers, Suppliers, & Items Report
Remember that every employee should have their own Hippo Manager login. Hippo Manager charges based on the number of full-time veterinarians, so there is no financial burden to worry about to set everyone up with their own access. This is important for security purposes, for example, signing charts and prescriptions, that should be reserved for veterinarians only. Click here for more help with adding users.