How to process a return or refund:
If you take advantage of our integration with Clearent Payment Processing, the process will look a little different. Check out this article if you need help.
- Go to the Checkout screen.
- Use the drop-down menu in the top left corner to change the Register Mode to Return.
- Enter the item(s)/procedure(s) that are being returned or refunded in the Find/Scan Item or Receipt field. Alternatively, you can enter or scan an original receipt/invoice into the Find/Scan Item or Receipt field. If manually entering the receipt versus scanning it, enter it as POS XXXX, with XXXX representing the invoice number. Scanning or inputting the original invoice number will bring up the entire invoice for return. To remove any items not involved in the return, simply click on the trash can icon to remove them.
- Select the appropriate Payment Type to indicate how the client is being refunded.
- When ready, click Complete Sale.
- In the popup window, click Ok.
- You will see a new receipt that can be printed or emailed.
If the client wishes to put their refund amount on their account for future use at the hospital, instead of getting the money returned directly to them, click here to see how to convert the return to an account credit for the client.
If you have a specific Return/Refund policy, you can print that on all your sales receipts by going to the Management tab, clicking Store Config, and editing the text in the box labeled Return Policy.