Follow the process below in situations where a patient has a record of vaccination from a different veterinarian. This will ensure that an appropriate reminder is created, the vaccination is tracked in the patient record, and inventory counts remain unaffected.
How to add the vaccine:
- From the Choose Action screen, pull up the Vaccines widget.
- Click the plus sign in the top right corner of the window.
- Select the vaccine from the Vaccine drop down.
- Input the date the vaccine was administered by the previous vet.
- If Tag is a required field, put N/A.
- Set the Invoice to Add To field to None.
- Click Ok.
- If you’d like to upload the vaccine certificate, check out this article on uploading documents.
Other workflow option: If you’re concerned about a vaccine certificate being available for a vaccine when the above steps are followed, you could alternately add previous vaccine records to the REMINDER widget only instead. This will still track when the patient is due for vaccines, but not generate a certificate with the hospital’s information on it. Just open the Reminders widget and click on the + button. Type in the vaccine in the Description box, select the date the vaccine was given, and select the duration it’s good for (delay drop down). Click OK when done.