It's important to install the Dymo Label Printer software before connecting the device to your computer.
Installing the DYMO Software:
1. visit the following link: http://dymo.com/en-US/online-support/dymo-user-guides and select the Download link for your operating system.
2. Run the installer program, choose your language, and select OK.
3. Select Next on the next page to continue.
4. It's always recommended to read the License Agreement, and if you accept the terms and conditions, select I Agree to continue.
5. Choose express installation and then select Next. The DYMO Label Setup will begin on your computer.
6. After setup is complete, you should then connect your DYMO label maker to your computer, and then select Finish to close the installer.
7. Open the DYMO Label program that is now installed on your computer, and when the First Run Wizard appears, select Next.
8. Choose your Location and then select Next.
9. You can choose to register your label printer now by selecting the checkbox next to Yes, I would like to register now. Then select Next.
10. If you want to join the DYMO Product Improvement Program, place a check in the checkbox. Then select Finish.
When printing prescription labels, after you've chosen your label printer from the destination dropdown, be sure that 30258 Diskette is selected as the paper size. For more information about printing prescription labels, check out Tech Tip: Troubleshooting Dymo Printer Connection.
Important Note: To print the highest quality labels, use 2-1/8" by 2-3/4" blank labels.
If your label printer fails to print, check out Tech Tip: Connecting a Dymo Label Printer.