Hippo Manager’s account credits and gift cards give you the maximum flexibility in providing payment options to your customers. Easily manage down payments and even convert payments into credits.
How to add credits and gift cards in the Credits and Gift Cards widget:
In order for the workflows below to function properly, you will need to have at least one line item in your Items and Services marked as an Account Credit and one marked as Gift Card. Check out this article on adding and editing items and services if you need help with this.
- From the Management tab, pull up the Credits and Gift Cards widget.
- Click Add Credit in the top right corner. This applies whether what you are adding is a credit or a gift card.
- Each credit or gift card is given a randomly generated ID to prevent fraud. This can be changed, but the new ID will need to be unique and cannot be repeated in other credits or gift cards.
- In the Type field, select either Account Credit or Gift Card.
- In the Value field, enter the dollar amount you would like to add.
- In the Owner field, begin typing the name of the owner. A drop down menu will appear with names that match. Once you see the owner in question, select them from the drop down menu. Their ID will be entered in the field. This step is only mandatory for account credits.
- When you are satisfied with your selections, click Submit.
How to convert payments to credits from the sales register:
- From the sales register, if the amount tendered exceeds the amount due, click Convert to Credit.
- When you are satisfied with the transaction, click Complete Sale.
- A credit corresponding to the difference between the amount tendered and the amount due will automatically be added to the Credits and Gift Cards widget for the client in question.
Using credits and gift cards to pay off invoices:
- From the sales register, available credits will be visible in the top right corner. Because gift cards do not have to be assigned to specific clients, they will not be visible on the sales register, but they can be just as easily used.
- For credits, simply choose Account Credit as the payment type. Available credits will be pulled up automatically and can be used like any other payment method.
- For gift cards, choose Giftcard as the payment type. You will then need to enter the unique ID for the gift card in the Giftcard ID field. This can be found in the Credits and Gift Cards widget if needed. The gift card can then be used like any other payment method.
Account Credits change the balance in the patient reserve and are assigned to specific clients. Gift cards do not change the balance and do not have to be assigned to specific clients.
Create an Account Credit/Gift Card in the widget when no money is being exchanged - for example, adding a sum to a client account as a goodwill customer gesture or when you’ve overcharged a client and they say “just put it on my account.” When you ARE exchanging money to create an Account Credit/Gift Card (for example, if a client wants to put $50 down on their account to use for a future need), process that through the sales register to account for the transfer of funds between the hospital/client.