The rDVM, section in the Patient Reserve is an easy way for a practice to list and reference a referring or referral veterinarian for that patient within their record.
Creating an rDVM:
1. From the Choose Action Screen, find the Client Information widget and click the plus sign in the upper right corner of the window.
2. Within this new contact screen, enter as much information as possible such as the Veterinarian’s first and last name, address, contact info, and Relationship Type “Veterinarian”.
- Important Note: Once you’ve saved this veterinarian as a contact, they will be saved within your system so that you can apply this rDVM to additional patients in the future.
- Pro Tip: If you wish to have the referring or referral veterinarian's practice name also listed in the Patient Reserve, add the Hospital name in the Last Name field, and the veterinarian's full name into the First Name field.
3. Once all needed criteria are added, click Apply in the lower right corner of the screen to save your work. You will notice the rDVM name appears in the list of owners on the Client Information window.
4. The Patient Reserve will also be updated and populated with the referring/referral veterinarian name listed in the rDVM section.
For additional information about the Patient Reserve, check out Choose Action: Patient Reserve Breakdown