The section within the Patient Reserve labeled rDVM is an easy way for a practice to list and reference a referring or referral veterinarian for that patient within their record.
How to Create an rDVM:
- Access the Client Information widget from Choose Action Page or Patient Screen Dashboard.
- Click the plus sign in the upper right corner of the window to enter as much information as possible in the new screen, especially the Veterinarian’s first and last name, address, contact info, along with the Relationship Type “Veterinarian”.
- Helpful Reminder: Once you’ve saved this veterinarian as a contact, they will be saved within your system so that you can apply this rDVM to additional patients in the future.
- Once all needed criteria are added, click Apply in the lower right corner of the screen to save your work.
- Once saved, you will notice the rDVM name appear in the list of owners on the Client Information window.
- The Patient Reserve will also be updated and populate the referring/referral veterinarian name listed in the rDVM section.
If you would like the referring/referral hospital’s name to also appear in the Patient Reserve, you can add the Hospital Name, accompanied by the DVM’s name in either the First Name or Last Name section within the Owner Information widget.
Please see the following criteria displayed in the example image below:
First Name: Dr. Phiona Hippo & Last Name: Hippo Ave Vet Clinic