Hippo Manager allows you to designate a tax-exempt status at the customer level, item level, or on specific sales.
Making a Client Tax Exempt
1. From the Choose Action, Patient Tab, or Quicklinks, click the Client Information widget.
2. Click the client's name and then the edit pencil in the lower right corner of that screen. Alternatively, double-click the client's name to open the pet owners' information.
3. Under the section labeled Taxable, select No from the drop-down and click Ok to save.
Important Note: If you are invoicing a client on the same day that you designate them Tax Exempt, you will need to void the $0 invoice that was auto-generated before the status change, then begin a new invoice to ensure that the tax exemption is accurately reflected.
For more information about the auto-generated $0 invoice, refer to Checkout: Auto-Generated $0.00 Invoice
For additional assistance with using the Client Information widget, check out Patient Screen: Modifying Client & Patient Information
Making an Inventory Item Tax Exempt
1. Click the Administration tab, and select the Items and Services widget.
2. Find the item you wish to update, and click Edit under the Modify column to the right.
3. Within that Edit an Item or Service screen, scroll to the Item Pricing section and enable the Non-taxable toggle (under Taxes).
For additional assistance, check out Administration - Creating and Editing Inventory Codes
For additional information about setting up Tax rates, check out Administration - Creating and Editing Tax Rates
Making a Sale Tax Exempt
1. Click the Checkout tab to access the Sales Register.
2. Towards the right side of the screen, click the Sale Taxable toggle off so that it's greyed out.
3. The invoice will autosave these changes.
For additional information on the checkout screen, check out Checkout: Register Breakdown.