Hippo Manager allows you to designate a tax-exempt status at the customer level, item level, or on specific sales.
How to make a customer Tax Exempt
1. From the Choose Action, Patient Tab, or Quicklinks, click the Client Information widget.
2. Click the client's name and then the edit pencil in the lower right corner of that screen. Alternatively, double-click the client's name to open the pet owners' information.
3. Under the section labeled Taxable, select No from the drop-down and click Ok to save.
For additional assistance with using the Client Information widget, check out Version 1.0: Editing Client and Patient Information
How to Make an Inventory Item Tax Exempt
1. Click the Administration tab, and select the Items and Services widget.
2. Find the item you wish to update, and click Edit under the Modify column to the right.
3. Within that Edit an Item or Service screen, scroll to the Item Pricing section, and enable the Non-taxable toggle (under Taxes).
For additional assistance, check out Administration - Creating and Editing Inventory Codes
For additional information about setting up Tax rates, check out Administration - Creating and Editing Tax Rates
How to Make a Sale Tax Exempt
1. Click the Checkout tab to access the Sales Register.
2. Towards the right side of the screen, click the Sale Taxable toggle off so that it's greyed out.
3. The invoice will autosave these changes.
For additional assistance, check out Invoices - Sales Register Breakdown