Item Kits are a useful way to bundle multiple items and/or services together, so when the Kit is used, all items and services that are part of that KIT will be generated on the invoice all at once.
Creating an Item Kit
1. Select Administration from the menu along the left side of the page, and select the Items and Services icon.
2. The main Items and Services page will display all items, services, and kits that are already included in your platform. To create a new kit, select Create New Item in the top right corner of the page.
3. Start in the Item Definition section at the top, type the desired Kit name in the Name field.
4. Within Type, select Item Kit from the dropdown.
5. Select the hospital location(s) where this Kit will be available.
6. The Category is an optional field that will help to categorize use for a variety of reports. If you don't see the Category you'd like to use, check out Administration - Creating and Editing Item Categories.
7. Within the Item Behavior section, select the Vaccine toggle if this kit contains vaccines. If this kit does not include vaccines, leave this untoggled, and continue to step 8.
8. Scroll to the bottom of this page, and to the section labeled Item Kit. Start with tying the first item or service into the text field under ITEM. Then add the desired item or service quantity to the corresponding field under QUANTITY.
9. Type the item or service name in the ITEM field, and select it from the dropdown. If you don't find that item or service listed in the dropdown, check that the item itself is available at this hospital location. For more assistance, check out Administration: Creating and Editing Inventory Codes. Then, enter the desired Quantity into the corresponding field to the right, and select the Blue Check Mark in the lower right corner of the field when finished.
10. That checkmark will then turn into a (+). To add another item or service to the kit, select the (+) and repeat steps 8-9 to add another item or service to the kit.
11. Once you’ve built out your Kit with all desired items and/ or services included, select Save Item in the lower left corner of the page to save.
Editing an Item Kit
1. Select Administration from the menu along the left side of the page, and then select the Items and Services icon.
2. The main Items and Services page will display all items, services, and kits that are already included in your platform. To edit an existing kit, use the filters along the top to narrow the list below, and once you've located the service, item, or kit you wish to alter, select Edit along the right side of the row.
3. Find the kit you wish to alter and select Edit. This will take you to the Edit an Item or Service page, where you can scroll to the bottom of the screen, and find the kit details.
4. Click the line you wish to alter and click either the edit or (-) to remove. To add more items to the existing kit, see the steps in the section above. Then, click Save Item to update this Kit.
Item Kits can be especially useful to generate an estimate for a service or procedure that requires several line items to be added at once - saving you time and alleviating the risk of missed charges. For more information about using item kits check out Checkout: Invoicing Item Kits Containing Vaccines & Checkout: Using Item Kits With Medications
For more information about generating estimates, check out Checkout: Creating and Converting Estimates
For assistance with building kits to be used at multiple practice locations, check out Administration: Building Kit Codes For Multi Location Practice Groups.