Hippo Manager’s Inventory Receiving functionality allows you to keep track of new shipments of your inventory, and update certain fields that automatically populate on invoices and other documentation.
Performing a Receiving Entry:
1. Click the Management tab, and select the Receiving widget.
2. In the Item field, type the medication or product and select it from the dropdown list.
- Important Note: If an item doesn't appear in the dropdown list, you may need to create the item first. Check out Administration: Creating and Editing Inventory Codes for assistance with creating new inventory codes.
3. Next, enter the Quantity you are receiving. Then click Add Item.
4. From the list below, click the pencil icon to edit the line item and enter the new lot numbers, serial numbers, and/or expiration date. When finished, click the checkmark to save.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until all desired items have been added with the appropriate information.
6. Select the appropriate Supplier from the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen. If you don’t see the supplier listed, check out Administration - Creating & Updating the Suppliers List
7. The Comments section is an optional field and can be a great spot for adding PO numbers, or payment methods used for future reference.
8. Click Complete Receiving, in the upper right corner of the screen to generate an internal receipt, and restock your inventory quantities.
Hippo also offers a way to review these receiving logs using the All Receivings feature. For more information, check out Management: All Receivings