Hippo Manager’s receiving functionality allows you to keep track of new shipments of your inventory, and update certain fields that automatically populate on invoices and other documentation (e.g. lot numbers).
*Important Note: If a cost price changes for any stocking code, the item must be received as a new batch and assigned the new cost using the receiving functionality. Once the current lot has reached a quantity of zero, Hippo will switch to the next lot and allow the price change to take effect.
How to Receive New Inventory:
- Go to the Management tab, and click on the Receiving widget.
- In the Item field, type the name of the item you are receiving and select the item from the dropdown list of matching results. Alternatively, scan the barcode if you use a scanner.
- Quick Tip: If you are receiving this item for the first time, and it's not listed within the drop-down, you'll need to create that item within Items and Services before receiving it. The Items and Services widget can be found through the Administration tab, and for additional assistance with creating inventory items, check out the "Creating and Editing Item Codes" article.
- Next, enter the Quantity you are receiving. Then click Add Item.
- The item will then appear within the receiving list below, with a pencil icon and a trash can icon appearing on the right-hand side of each line item.
- Click the Pencil button in that line item, and enter the new lot numbers, serial numbers, and/or expiration date.
- When finished, click the checkmark to save your work or (X) to disregard changes.
- Repeat steps 2-6 until all desired items have been added.
- When all items are added, select the appropriate supplier’s name from the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen. If you don’t see the supplier listed, check out the "Creating & Updating the Suppliers List" article for additional assistance.
- Quick Tip: If you need to leave this screen at any time, the system will autosave the Receiving entry.
- You can also add any additional notes, for example, Purchase Order numbers, or payment method used, into the Comments section for future reference.
- When finished, click Complete Receiving, in the upper right corner of the screen. This will generate an internal receipt, and restock your inventory quantities for these items.
Adjusting Inventory Quantities without Receiving:
- Go to the Administration tab, and select Items and Services.
- Locate the item that was just updated, and click Update Quantity on the right side of the screen.
- In the new window, click Edit next to the receiving batch that you wish to adjust. You will now see a slideout menu.
- Under the Inventory Add/Subtract field, enter the quantity you wish to add or subtract from your inventory. For example, if 3 tablets of medication were wasted, within the Inventory Add/Subtract section, type -3 and it will adjust the fields above to reflect the new accurate count.
- Once you’ve finished the data entry portion, and added any desired comments about the adjustment, click Update Quantity to save the adjustment.
- You will now see the quantity adjustment reflected in the Remaining Quantity column. This new quantity should also be reflected under the item name in the upper left corner of the screen.
Within the Items and Services widget, all stocking items have an Update Quantity button listed. This button should only be used for existing item quantity adjustments. All other Item updates should be handled through the Receiving widget.
Hippo also allows you to view past receiving entries, and this is found under the Management tab through the All Receivings widget. For additional assistance with viewing previous receiving entries, check out the "All Inventory Receiving" article.