This is part 1 of 5 in the article series.
Vaccines with multiple reminders linking back to the same inventory code can be set up to add the appropriate reminder automatically. In this article, we will be focused on creating the reminder items that will be used to generate the reminder for the patient and the certificate.
Creating a Reminder Item Codes
1. Click the Administration tab, and click the Items and Services widget.
2. Next, click Create New Item in the upper right corner of the screen and fill out the following sections:
- Name field, type the name of the reminder interval you wish to join with the Master/Primary inventory item you created above. Example: DHPP Vaccine Reminder- 1 yr.
- Important Note: This will be the Reminder Line Item that generates the patient reminders.
- UPC: Skip
- Type: Select Non-Stocking Item from the dropdown menu.
- Location: Select the location(s) you wish for this reminder item to be available.
- Account: Skip
- Category: You can create a "Reminders" category using Administration: Creating and Editing Item Categories for assistance.
- Description Box and Allow Alt Description allow for additional notes to appear on the invoice, such as "Reminder Only". (Skip if not applicable)
- Click the toggle for Hide from Sales Register
Item Pricing- Skip
- Reminders Interval: Select the desired reminder duration. Example: if this is a 3-year DHPP Reminder Item Code, select 3 year from the dropdown.
- Also Replaces: Tells the system to replace the reminder in the Reminder Interval section when used. Example: If a 3 year DHPP can replace a 1 year DHPP, within the Also Replaces section, select the 1 year Reminder Item code. Click the checkmark in the lower right corner to save this Also Replaces Item. Click the (+) to add another if needed.
Inventory Control- Skip
- Species Restriction: This will allow you to control what species this item is available for (optional)
3. Click Save Item when finished.
4. Repeat the steps above for creating all Vaccine Reminder Code durations for each Primary/Stocking Vaccine Item code (Example: 3 wk, 1 yr, 3 yr, etc).
For the next article in the series, check out Administration: Creating Vaccines in a Series (Part 2)