Upon logging in, the Patient Reserve will appear on the left side of your screen. This will house an important overview of the patient and owner information, along with the menu bar to help you navigate through the platform.
Patient Reserve Outlined
To personalize the record, you can add a picture of the patient by first clicking on the Patient Tab and locating the Photos widget. Click the (+) in the upper right corner of the Photos widget and upload a new picture from your device. Once uploaded, the patient’s picture will appear in the upper left corner next to the patient’s name.
*Important Note: The patient photo will also appear on the search page to make switching between accounts more efficient.
- When you hover over the picture in the upper left corner of your screen next to the patient's name, a magnifying glass will appear. By clicking on this magnifying glass, you can search/switch to a different patient using any of the filter options found within the Change Patients screen. When you’ve found the patient you wish to switch to, click the blue box labeled Switch to Patient. That new patient’s info should now appear in the Patient Reserve.
- Alternatively, you can also search for a different patient using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the window. Both methods will take a user to the Change Patient screen, so it's preference-based.
Bell Icon (left): Represents patient alerts
Leaf Icon (middle): Represents allergies
Cross Icon (right): Identifies wellness plan customers
To add alerts within these fields, click on the icon. When the patient has an allergy or alert on file, the icon will display in color, and if they don’t, the icon will be grayed out.
- Age, Species, and Breed can be added or edited through the Patient Tab within Patient Info. When you find this widget, click on the pencil in the upper right corner to make alterations, and select Ok when finished.
- Weight can be added from the most recent chart note. To open a chart note, first go to the Choose Action, Scheduler, or Patient Tab and select the Chart Notes from the widget or the Quick Links. Click the (+) in the upper right corner, and select the chart type and provider. Then click ok and proceed to the chart note. Type the patient’s weight into the Wt vital field. Once the screen is refreshed, the patient’s weight will appear within the Patient Reserve.
- The client’s Phone Number can be added or altered from the Choose Action, Scheduler, or Patient tab within the Owner Information widget or Quicklink.
- rDVM represents the referring/referral veterinarian, and can also be added through the Owner Information widget. Click the (+) in the upper right corner, and enter as much information about the referring/referral practitioner, in particular the Veterinarian’s first and last name, address, contact info, along with the Relationship Type “Veterinarian” selected. Once this contact is saved, and the screen is refreshed, you’ll see that name appear within the Patient Reserve.
- Last Visit will reflect the most recent checked in/out of an appointment on that patient’s record.
- Outstanding Balance represents the total balance owed by that owner between all pets that are tied to that owner.
- You will notice tabs listed along the left side of the screen, and these will take you to different areas and functionalities throughout the software.
- User Settings can be found by clicking on the Hippo icon in the lower-left corner of the screen (Next to Logged in as). This will allow you to customize your Choose Action screen widgets, adjust your landing page, and manage account security settings.
For additional assistance with customizing User settings, check out the "Customizing User Choose Action Settings", "Customizing User Quick Link Settings", and also the "Patient Tab Settings" articles.